Tours In The Area
Canopy Tour: Puerto Viejo
Once we have picked you up from your hotel and after having formed the group in our main office, we will head towards the farm (Carbón 1) which is located 30 minutes away from Puerto Viejo.
The transportation unit will drop you off at the operation base, where you will find the first platform and after 2 cables we will enjoy one of the most spectacular cables (285 meters length, 80 meters altitude) that will take us to the heart of the jungle from where we will begin a guided hike with one of our naturalist guides. The guide will teach us about the flora and fauna of the primary forest, and the use of these plants by the indigenous people.
After the hike, we will get to another platform to continue our adventure. Our Canopy consists of 10 aerial platforms and 12 ground platforms, with a total of 2760 meters of cable. Once we reach the seventh platform, we will not touch the ground again until the end of the route, so we will cross and watch the jungle as birds do. In order to be completely immersed in the jungle surroundings, we have replaced the former steel cables with cables made out of carbon fiber in this particular part of the jungle.
These cables are of the latest technology with the quality of being completely silent, thus avoiding noise pollution of the jungle. Our naturalist guide will continue explaining the environmental curiosities that surround us.
In one of the sections of the aerial route, we will have the opportunity to descent from the platform to the ground with the Tarzan swing or with the last canopy cable. Finally, we will begin our return, saving the 2 most spectacular cables for last. Once we arrive back to the farm, you will have the opportunity to make your own cane juice the traditional way with our Trapiche. You will also be served fruit and water in our resting area before we return to your hotel.
Dare to do our Superman. You will slide on a 300 meters cable, 90 meters height above the ground, in the same position than the famous superhero.
- Duration: 4 hours approximately.
- Departure: 08:00 a.m. and 01:00 p.m. approximately.
- Pick Up Place: Your hotel in Puerto Viejo or Cahuita.
- Level: Moderate
- Includes: Transportation, certified guide, tropical fruit and water, full equipment and insurance.
- What to bring: Comfortable shoes, insect repellent (if you don't have a natural one we will provide you)
- Recommendations: Not suitable for pregnant women or children under 3 years old.
- Minimum: 2 persons
- PRICE: 55$ p.p. Children 4 to 11 pay 50%.
- Departure from Cahuita $15 additional.
- Combination with Superman: $10 additional p.p.